Sunday, May 31, 2015

Dedicant - Home Shrine


This is my home shrine, and since I've created it, it's become a cornerstone of my practice. I have a shrine each to the gods, ancestors, and spirits, however, those are purely votive and not really suited to personal work, or more 'bigger picture' devotions.

By way of a short explanation of the shrine; the tree has a bowl at its base that serves as the 'well', the votive candle is the 'fire', and the green leaf bowl is for purifying myself before ritual. The two novena candles serve for illumination and are lit when I'm just praying. The black bowl at the back is for offerings, and the black bowl at the front is for the waters. Behind the offering bowls is my tin that I carry various items that are sacred to me when I'm away from home. It's a 'port-a-grove' of sorts in that there is a tree representation, a candle, and a receptacle for water. I also have a Garanus 'ada spirit', and a felted Frige. I pray at my shrine almost every day – there is an adapted Lorica prayer I say, and a house-blessing adapted from the Carmina Gadelica.

In terms of future plans, I want to eventually get a post like those from the Magical Druid, and I'd like to also pick up one of the ancestor 'ada spirits'. In terms of space and placement, I don't like that it's not really the kind of shrine that I can sit at, but I don't think there's anything I can do about that given our current living situation.

Words = 267

No comments:

Post a Comment